Monday, March 15, 2010

Pita Pizzas

{Meatless Monday}

These are some really yummy pizzas!  I got the recipe at least 2 years ago and I really don't make them often enough!

Here's what you need:

Whole Wheat Flatbread (these are so much softer than pita pockets!)
Ricotta cheese (small container)
garlic
sea salt (or regular)
olive oil
Veggies of choice:
mushrooms, sliced
spinach
onion --white or red...I forgot to buy a red onion ; (
zucchini, sliced into coins
red bell pepper, cut into strips
grape tomatoes, cut in half
feta cheese/parmesan cheese
cheddar/mozzarella/monterey jack

I forgot to put my block of cheese in the picture...but you'll need some cheese too!

Season your ricotta cheese with garlic and sea salt.  I used about 2-3 cloves worth and 1 tsp. salt for a bit more than 1 cup of the cheese.  Just season it to taste.

Drizzle a little olive oil on each flatbread and then spread the ricotta generously on each pizza.
 Top with your desired veggies and sprinkle cheese on top.

My 12 year old made a very cute face on hers!  I had 7 different veggie choices, and I told my kids they had to pick at least 3 different ones for their pizza.

Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.  Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment