This was so delicious...but because it contains no less than 8 different vegetables, it didn't go over too well with most of my children. Oh well...that's nothing new! ; )
This is another recipe from the Pioneer Woman. I always love the recipes I make off of her site!
Here's what you need:
- 2 whole Zucchini, Halved, Cut Into Strips, Then Cubed
- 2 whole Summer Squash, Halved, Cut Into Strips, Then Cubed
- 8 ounces, weight White Mushrooms, Stems Removed And Quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons (additional) Olive Oil
- 2 whole Carrots, Washed And Sliced (not Peeled)
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 stalks Celery, Sliced (leaves Included)
- 8 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cans Cannelini Beans, Rinsed
- 1 cup (heaping) Cut Green Beans, Fresh Or Frozen
- 1-½ cup Medium Or Small Pasta Shells, Uncooked
- 1 can (14.5) Diced Tomatoes With Juice
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoons Turmeric (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese, Shaved
Preheat oven to 500.
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, and celery and stir to cook for 3 minutes. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes.
Add cannelini beans and green beans.
Cook on low for five minutes. Add pasta and cook for an additional five minutes. Add canned tomatoes, stir, and cook for an additional five minutes on low heat. Check for seasonings, adding salt, pepper, and turmeric.
Add roasted vegetables at the very end. Stir and allow to simmer and heat for a few minutes before serving.
Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
This made a TON, so I think you could cut down on the amounts and still have plenty to serve your family!