Monday, October 4, 2010

Spinach and Feta Pasta

I got this recipe off of Our Best Bites.  They have so many yummy recipes...way too many to ever try all of them that look delicious!

Here's what you need:
8 oz. Penne pasta
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes ( I used one small store-bought can with some of my home canned)
3 c. fresh spinach
1 onion, finely chopped
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 fresh mushrooms, chopped
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook pasta and drain.  Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a skillet.  Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until tender.   Add spinach and cook until wilted.  Add tomatoes, heat through, and then add drained pasta and crumbled feta.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Heat through and serve; you can crumble a little feta on top if you want! 

I threw this together pretty quickly, so I only got a picture at then end:

I liked it...but my little kids did not.  I just LOVE feta cheese!!  Too bad for them, because we have a lot leftover, so they will be seeing it on their plates again! ; (  Our noodles were falling apart a little.  That might be that I had to leave my 12 year old in charge of deciding when they were done or it might be that they are out of our food storage.  Next time I use them, I'll have to make sure they are cooked right and see if they still break up.

No comments:

Post a Comment