Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Cookbook!

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has already made a week's worth of progress on all those resolutions! ; )

We had a wonderful Christmas with my parents, my sister and her family, and a long-time family friend. It was very peaceful and relaxing.  And most of all...it was wonderful to have family around and feel like it was a "vacation" without going anywhere!  Seriously. Loved. It.

I was at Barnes and Nobles returning a calendar the other day and I saw this Vegetarian Cookbook.  The thing that really appealed to me was that a HUGE majority of the recipes seemed normal.  They just used normal ingredients.  AND there are multiple pictures per recipe!  I am horrible at trying a new recipe without a picture.  I just don't have any motivation to try anything new without a picture to make it seem delicious or interesting.




There are so many I can't wait to try:

Tortellini with Nutty Herb Sauce
Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Sweet Potato Ravioli
Potato, Leek, and Spinach Quiche
Vegetable Samosas
Mushroom Risotto
and many, many more!!

I love getting new inspiration and feeling motivated to try new things!  In fact, I think I'm just going to make the list above my menu for this week.  Strap on your seat belts, family...we're going for a ride! ; )  That way, if I can just remember to take pictures every night, I will have six weeks of Meatless Mondays to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment