Monday, May 10, 2010

Veggie Ensaladas (Bajio style)

I don't know if you all have Bajio or Cafe Rio near you, but we love their veggie salads.  Last week, some girlfriends and I ordered salads from Bajio and then the following day, I decided to make my own since I had leftover dressing...and it was DELICIOUS!


So I thought I'd share the recipe here.  They turned out very good, but I do think that the next time I want to make these, I will go buy a couple of their little dressing cups...because it is about 10 times yummier than regular ranch and it absolutely MAKES the salad!

Here's what you need: (I just realized I forgot to put rice in the picture.  Grr....it was already in the rice cooker!)
 Tortillas, Refried Beans, Black Beans, Rice, Cheese, Corn, Onion, Lettuce, Salsa, Ranch, and Chips.


Saute the onions and corn in a little oil/butter and corn juice.  Season with salt and pepper.  Saute for 7-8 minutes until onions are tender.

I heat up my black beans, undrained, in the microwave.
And I always add tomato sauce and taco seasoning to my refried beans.

Place your warmed tortilla in a large bowl.  Layer in this order:
 Onions and Corn (my FAVORITE part!)

 Rice -- I just used seasoned white rice...you could do Spanish Rice, also


 Refried Beans
Black Beans (and white beans since I already had some cooked up in my refrigerator)


Lettuce
Salsa
Cheese
Ranch Dressing
Broken up Chips

All of the kids really loved this dinner.  My little 5 year old ended up with a huge salad...and almost ate it all!  We just eat it with a fork and tear off pieces of the tortilla to eat with each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment