Monday, September 21, 2009

Pasta Salad

{Meatless Monday}

This is one that I really don't have a recipe for either! I just throw in whatever vegetables I have, but I can give you the recipe in general. ; 0

Here's what I use:


1 pkg. rotini noodles, cook and drain
broccoli
carrots
mushrooms
grape tomatoes
bell pepper
olives
cheese, cut in small cubes
1 bottle italian-style dressing

Cut up all veggies to your preference...I think the smaller, the better because then you get more dressing on them! I cut up the broccoli and carrots and steam them a little (usually in the microwave) just until they are crisp-tender. Then combine all vegetables and cheese together with cooled pasta.
I start with about 1/2 the bottle of dressing and then taste it to see how much more is needed. Then, before I serve it, I taste it again and it normally needs another addition of dressing since a lot has been absorbed. In the end I use between 2/3 and 3/4 of the bottle. My favorite dressing for this is either the Roasted Red pepper Italian (shown in photo) or the Sun-dried tomato vinaigrette by Kraft.
I also top it with fresh parmesan cheese before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment