Friday, September 18, 2009

I've been busy!

My mom (who is on a mission in Brazil) wanted me to take a picture of all my canning and post it on our family website. Otherwise, I don't think I would have bothered moving all the jars to my bar and then moving them all back to their boxes and shelves...but, I just thought since I had the picture, I would post it here.

This is what I've been doing for the last 2 1/2 weeks! And almost all of the produce was FREE!! I had so many people offering me fruit from their trees and tomatoes and beans from their gardens, I just kept on buying jars. Now, all I have left is apple pie filling...but I just decided to wait until the next apple sale because I need a break!


And here's a cute little shot of my two little ones helping me make applesauce. They love helping with the food mill. Thank goodness my aunt has this cool invention--it is the ONLY way to make applesauce! (Can you tell my son is 2? He is often found only half dressed.)


Now that the canning is done I can focus on the next urgent thing in my life: the marathon. We leave today to drive up north and spend the night at my uncle's (bless the man, he's a chiropractor--I should have married a chiropractor!!) and then the marathon is tomorrow morning. Wow, I just got a really sick stomach as I typed those words. Wish me luck and if I can still move my extremities on Monday, I've got a super yummy pasta salad to post!

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing all those jars! I am a little envious- and am trying to not compare my small batch of peaches that I just did to your counter full of jars!
    Curious to hear about your marathon! Details to come soon?

    ReplyDelete