Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cinnamon Caramel Corn with Pecans

Well, since I didn't have a Meatless Monday this week, I thought I would post this amazing popcorn that I stumbled across about a year ago.  (It is from Our Best Bites.)It is my favorite popcorn treat!  It has so many wonderful flavors and is always a huge hit at the girls' get-aways that I've made it for.  I have never just made it for my family, because then I would eat half the bowl and gain 5 pounds! ;  )

Here's what you need:

12 c. popped popcorn (I have always used more like 16 cups...as a rough estimate)
1 c. pecan halves, roughly chopped
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. Karo syrup
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda

3-4 squares Almond bark

Stir popcorn and pecans together in LARGE bowl.  In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, karo, and butter.  Microwave for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.  Add vanilla and baking soda and stir.  Combine with popcorn and stir to coat.  Spread on baking sheet and bake at 250* for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.  Allow to completely cool and then drizzle with melted almond bark.  Cool until hardened. Then eat your heart out! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment