Monday, August 9, 2010

BBQ Quesadillas

{Meatless Monday}


I got this recipe off of Tasty Kitchen.  Have you ever checked it out??
It's the recipe site started by the Pioneer Woman where everyone can contribute their recipes.  I am starting to LOVE it.  They have a Vegetarian section under "Special Dietary Needs" and I have found some really yummy ones!

These were so quick...a MUST for summer!


Here's what you need:

8 Flour tortillas
1 cup of BBQ sauce
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
8 whole Cremini  or button mushrooms, sliced
2 cups baby spinach

Heat pan to medium heat.  Brush tortilla with BBQ sauce and place 1/4 cup of the cheese over it.  Divide vegetables evenly over the cheese and fold in half.  Grill in pan for a few minute on each side until cheese is melted and they are lightly browned.


We all loved these.  The BBQ sauce was a wonderful tangy addition that I would not have thought to add with mushrooms and spinach.  These are definitely going in my favorites file!!  I would probably add some red onion to mine next time.  I am just loving red onion on everything lately!


Anything that takes 10 minutes and tastes this good is here to stay!

Have a wonderful week!!

1 comment: