Monday, July 26, 2010

Spicy Cilantro Coleslaw

{Meatless Monday}


Here's the recipe for this yummy coleslaw.  As I said previously, I'm not a real coleslaw person, but my friend said it was a good coleslaw and she's tasted a lot!  : )  I am just barely getting a taste for coleslaw or potato salad, so I really haven't tried out a lot of different recipes.

This is what you need:
1 c. sour cream (I used light)
1/2 c. mayonaisse  (I used light)
1 T sugar
3 T fresh lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1 clove minced garlic
1 whole jalapeno, chopped
3/4 c. fresh cilantro
8 c. cabbage, sliced
4 whole green onions, diced

I am LOVING my new little dishes (I just wish I had more of them!) for all these little ingredients while I'm cooking.  You see, I actually have a thing for beautiful dishes, just not the money or the storage space to go along with it.  So I have to get great joy out of SMALL things with SMALL price tags! ; )

Mix together sour cream, mayo, sugar, lime juice and zest, garlic, jalapeno and 1/4 cup FINELY chopped cilantro for the sauce.


Mix together the remaining 1/2 c. COARSELY chopped cilantro with the cabbage and onions.  Pour sauce over cabbage mixture.



Stir to coat and let sit one hour!  You don't need a very large cabbage head to produce 8 cups.  It sounds like a lot, but when you start chopping up that head of cabbage, it seems to multiply!  Ours was a fairly small head from our garden and it gave us a full 8 cups.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment