Monday, February 15, 2010

Stir Fry--Super Easy!

{Meatless Monday}

Just a real quick idea today!

I bought this stir fry packet at the store and also some veggies I don't normally buy: snow peas, fresh green beans, zucchini.  I threw them in with onions, mushrooms, carrots, peas, and some broccoli.  You could also use bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.

We ate this over rice and it was delicious and most important:  easy and quick!

I am currently trying to switch my family over to brown rice...kids love it, hubby is not so sure!  ; )
But I do a mix of 2/3 brown and 1/3 rice.  (Yes, I cook them separately, then mix!) I really want to go to 100% brown rice, but then my dilemma is this:  what do I do with all the rice I have in food storage???  Isn't it ironic that we can't store the stuff that is actually good for us??

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!  My goal this week is to STOP BAKING!! Valentine's weekend was not good for my eating habits!  Too many delicious sugar cookies and beautiful chocolate-cream cheese and raspberry cupcakes....mmmmm....those were good!  Now back to my new year's resolutions! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment