Saturday, February 6, 2010

Healthy(er) Cake Mix Cookies

You've got to try this!!  They are incredibly yummy and it's so great that you skip the cube of butter!

 

One chocolate cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup black bean puree**
about 2 T water

Mix together and bake at 350* for 9-10 minutes.  It is quite sticky, so mine turn out like drop cookies.  We made these this weekend and put mint frosting between two of them to make homemade mint oreos.  Man, they were delicious!

**To make the black bean puree you can simply blend up one UNDRAINED can of plain black beans.  I hate the thick slimy liquid they are packed in, so I drain and rinse mine out and then refill the can with water before blending.   I PROMISE you cannot even taste a hint of the beans and it makes them SO moist.  They end up very brownie-like. 

I have also made a chocolate zucchini cake and pumpkin bread using the black bean puree instead of oil.  They were both incredibly moist and probably the best tasting I've ever made of those recipes.
I'll post both of those recipes soon!

I LOVE that you are replacing all of that fat AND adding protein at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment