Monday, October 19, 2009

Jumbo Stuffed Shells

{Meatless Monday}

This is actually my manicotti recipe that I just baked in the jumbo shells...mostly because the shells had 50% more pasta for the same price as the manicotti. ; )



15 oz. ricotta cheese
16 oz. cottage cheese (you could use all ricotta cheese if desired)
2 cups shredded cheese, mozzarella and monterey jack would be great...I only had cheddar.
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
3 T. chopped parsley
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 cups spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup water

Mix together everything but the sauce and water. Stuff into cooked jumbo shells. Combine sauce and water. Cover bottom of 9X13 pan with a layer of sauce (about 1/2 cup) and place filled shells in pan. (I ended up having to place some on top of the first layer.)


Cover with remaining sauce and top with more parmesan, if desired. Cover and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, removing foil for the last 5-8 minutes.

This is not a great picture, but I had company waiting to eat... ; )

It was really yummy...but I wish that I had put chopped spinach and sauteed mushrooms in the cheese mix. I think that would have added alot. I will definitely do that next time!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yum! I make something very similar but with broccoli. I was sure that everyone in our family loved it, but this last week one insisted that they never liked it! You never know! Mushrooms sound like a great add in!

    ReplyDelete