Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fresh Peach Pie

Make and bake one pie crust. (I have been making my crusts with 1/2 whole wheat flour and they are so much more flavorful than all white...try it!)

Peel and slice enough peaches to fill pie crust. (I normally make the sauce first and then slice up the peaches while I am cooling the sauce.)

To make sauce: Blend enough peaches for 1 cup puree. Add one cup water. Place in saucepan over medium heat. Combine in small bowl: 2/3 cup sugar and 4 T. cornstarch. Stir into puree and add 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4-1/2 tsp. almond extract (to taste). Cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.

Stir cooled sauce into sliced peaches and fill pie crust. Refrigerate up to 4 hours to let it set. ( I often serve it immediately...it just falls apart a little bit, but still tastes like HEAVEN!)


Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream flavored with a few drops of almond extract. Or just eat it plain...it is seriously, hands-down, my FAVORITE pie in the world. The only problem with it is this: It tastes just like a fresh, healthy peach...so I can't stop eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment