Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yummy Fudge Sauce

I just thought I would share this delicious fudge sauce recipe that I found online at www.bigredkitchen.com.

I needed to send some ice cream topping with my daughter to a party and I didn't have any baking chocolate or chocolate chips. So I searched until I found one that only called for cocoa. This was SUPER yummy and very easy. Try it out with your next half-gallon of ice cream!


Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky...your preference!)
1 - 12 ounce can evaporated milk
1/4 t. salt
1/4 cup butter
1 t. vanilla

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix all of the ingredients, except vanilla. Stirring continuously, bring mixture to a gentle boil. Stir until smooth and thickened. About 10-15 minutes. Do not burn, do not stop stirring. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour into a quart jar. Cool and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. To serve spoon out a small portion into a microwave safe bowl, cover and heat on HALF POWER in microwave in 20 second increments until warm. Makes one quart.

3 comments:

  1. This was so yummy! I wasn't going to have any ice cream until Jodi started dipping the marshmallows into the sauce you made. She started talking about how good it was so of course I had to try it. Then, I couldn't resist. Thanks. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um.... YUM!!!! i seriously can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete