Monday, October 1, 2012

Spinach Salad Wraps

{Meatless Monday}


Hello!  I hope you have all had a great start to your week!
This is a recipe that I found in one of my magazines...probably Parents...but it has been so long since I tore it out that I don't remember! ; )

It is very simple and perfect for a quick but healthy meal...


Here's what you will need....

For the dressing:
5 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. snipped fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. olive oil

Spinach leaves (about 5 cups)
6+ tortillas (8-10 inch)
6 slices of mozzarella ( or crumbled feta cheese)
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
4 hard cooked eggs, sliced

Whisk dressing all together and set aside.

Set out your tortillas.




Layer tortillas with spinach, cheese, mushrooms, onion, and eggs.  Drizzle with dressing.  (I decided to drizzle a little dressing among the spinach layer and on top so it didn't get too dry.)


 this was taken before the final drizzle of dressing.... ; )


Roll up tortillas and secure with toothpicks.  Serve immediately, cut in half.  Or wrap in saran wrap if serving later.  Makes 6-8 wraps.

those mushrooms look like chunks of chicken... ; )  I promise, no chicken was harmed in the making of these wraps.  ; )


These were very fresh and light.  I love that the only cooking required is the boiling of eggs.  SO easy!  My kind of dinner, for sure.   I love the flavor of the eggs and the way they make the wrap so much more filling!  This dressing had a very different taste.  I didn't mind it, but I didn't love it.  It was very fruity with the red wine vinegar.  I think the wrap would also be delicious with just some plain ranch on it.  And it would be just that much easier and faster to throw the wraps together.

Happy cooking this week and we'll see ya next Monday!  I am getting excited about trying some new soup recipes this Fall.  Soup has to be one of my FAVORITE things to make and EAT!!  I promise to share them all with you!!  One thing I am going to try (I have the torn out recipe on the side of my fridge) is a Vegetarian Dinner in a Pumpkin.  Should be interesting, huh?  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment