Monday, June 20, 2011

Spinach and Feta Pasta

Wow...this summer has thrown me for a loop!  I just cannot get anything accomplished and have 5 kids at home!!  We are having a good time and the kids have been enjoying art/dance classes and some swimming lessons.  But I am having the hardest time getting the things done that I need to get done!

Here's a recipe I made quite a while ago from Our Best Bites.

Here's what you need:
8 oz. Penne Pasta
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes (with your favorite seasonings)
3 c. fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
4-6 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
4 oz. feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste



Boil pasta according to directions.  Meanwile, heat a little oil in a skillet over medium and add onions, garlic, and mushrooms.  Cook until tender. 


Add spinach and cook until just wilted.

 


Add tomatoes, and heat through. 

Mix with drained pasta and feta cheese.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Heat and serve warm with some fresh bread!




This is a really easy, healthy meal.  Plus, I think everything (well, almost everything!) tastes better with some feta!
Hope you are having a great summer!  And if you aren't accomplishing much (like me!), well...
hopefully you are at least enjoying some time with your kids!  I am!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! My sister told me about it and I have loved all the recipes I've tried. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete