Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer...

Wow...I am having a hard time this summer.  I have spent the first three weeks of summer on the go!  I went to Seattle, then Idaho, then Cedar City (3 hours south), then to a super fun friends retreat.  I finally unpacked my bag and I am still (as I type) trying to catch up on laundry!  Ugh!

I don't know how anyone keeps blogging during the summer!  Well...maybe those people don't have 5 kids?

I don't have a new recipe...who has time to try new recipes when they are driving 45 hours all over the West??

For dinner today I made this recipe that I previously blogged, but tonight I roasted the vegetables and added in red peppers and red onions to the mix. It was very yummy.  I think roasted red peppers and red onions are probably some of my favorite veggies, EVER!  I roasted them for 30 minutes at 425*, stirring them once.  I still sauteed the mushrooms, because I think they get a little dry when roasted.  I love it even more with the new veggies!

I hope you are all having a good summer.  For me, I am sure I will not have a good summer until I have a good attitude... ; )  Normally, I am into the summer groove by now, but it's all been delayed by my traveling.  I have had tons of fun on my trips, especially since they have been without most of my kids.  But it has made it harder for me to come home and get used to being with ALL of them...having NO peace and quiet...and missing my clean house like a long-lost best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment