Friday, March 28, 2014

A Couple Good Ones...

Happy Friday!

I have been very infrequent in my postings of new recipes.  Life has gotten very full and truthfully, I don't have a lot of time for trying new recipes.  My family wishes I did! They are probably quite sick of all my old standbys.  : )  And now I will be taking a year+ off from this blog.  As many of you know, my family and I are going to India to volunteer with Rising Star Outreach for this next year.  

You can read all about how we came to this amazing opportunity HERE.




We leave June 1st, so before things get totally crazy, I have been de-junking my computer hard-drive and I came across some recipes that I had never posted.  Mostly, I did not post them because my pictures turned out poorly. : )

But they were both really good recipes, so I wanted to at least give you the links to them.  They are both quite easy to make and my family liked them....and I loved them!

Roasted Cauliflower Risotto on A Couple Cooks.  I love their site!  They come up with some amazingly delicious stuff!  And they always have gorgeous photos.  You can tell she is not a mom of five who is racing to get dinner on the table before 2 soccer games and youth night at church.  : )

Curry Artichoke Rice Salad on Pinch My Salt.  This is a really quick and easy recipe with a good fresh flavor.  I really should make it again to help my kids get used to curry...since we will probably have something with curry in it nearly every day over in India.


Another thing I have been de-junking is my collection of Martha Stewart Everyday Food magazines.  I came across about 10 recipes that I just had to try before I gave them all away, so if any of them turn out to be fabulous, I promise I will post them before I leave.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!!

1 comment: