Monday, March 11, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

These were delicious!  I am a BIG lover of sweet potatoes in any form...but especially fried!  So I was excited when I saw this baked recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens magazines that might allow me to enjoy a favorite a little more often without paying for it around the middle!




Here's what you'll need....

Olive oil
1 lb. sweet potatoes or carrots (I have yet to try the carrot version...but I think I'd love it!)
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 T. water
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 T olive oil
Ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce...we made some Cajun Mayonnaise.


Preheat oven to 400.  Brush pan with olive oil.  Peel potatoes and cut into narrow wedges.  Toss with 2 tsp oil.  Place the veggies on the pan and roast 10 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Let cool for 10-15 minutes. 

While they cool, mix together four and salt in a shallow pie pan or dish.  In a second dish, combine eggs and water.  In a third dish, combine bread crumbs and parmesan.  Dip veggies, a few at a time, in the flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixtures.  Arrange in a single layer on an oiled cookie sheet and roast for 15 minutes until brown and crispy.  Serve warm with the dipping sauce of your choice!




No comments:

Post a Comment