Monday, November 26, 2012

Cheese & Green Chile Enchiladas

{Meatless Monday}

This is another recipe that I tore out of a magazine long ago.  So long ago that I don't even remember which magazine.  It might have been a Rachel Ray.  My husband brought a couple of those home for me from his school last year.  ; )  But anyhoo....  My family is not often fans of corn tortillas, but in some recipes they just work...and this one worked!  Everyone loved them.  I made Cilantro Lime Rice to go with it.   This recipe is just like the one I use out of my cookbook from church.


Here's what you'll need to make these DELICIOUS enchiladas...

3/4 lb. monterey jack, shredded (about 3 cups)
2 cans (4 oz. each) diced green chiles, drained
1 cup sour cream  (I used light sour cream)
1 small yellow onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
A handful of cilantro leaves, chopped and a few whole leaves for garnish
1 tsp. ground cumin
12 corn tortillas
thinly sliced red onions, for topping...if desired

Preheat oven to 425*.   In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, canned chiles, sour cream, onion, garlic, chopped cilantro and cumin.

Heat tortillas briefly in warm skillet.  Drop a few tablespoons of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla and roll up.  (You should use about 2/3 of the filling).  Arrange the enchiladas in a single layer in a casserole dish.  Cover with the remaining cheese mixture and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.  Top with red onion, cilantro, and even jalapeños, if you wish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment